Advocacy for businesses of all shapes and sizes is inherent in the MetroNorth Chamber, whether it’s an issue at City Hall, the State Capital, or in Washington D.C.
Local advocacy issues can include signage, building codes, parking, & traffic. We advocate on state and federal issues such as minimum wage, tax relief, transportation, workforce issues, and healthcare through our partnership with the Minnesota Chamber Federation.
Notable Advocacy Accomplishments
- Successfully working with businesses and city officials in Coon Rapids to repeal the gasoline pre-pay ordinance
- Being a resource and advocate for affected businesses on current and future transportation issues, including Hwy 65 and Hwy 10
- Establishing Business Councils in Coon Rapids and Blaine to keep the lines of communication open and discuss topics of mutual interest
- Working with White Bear Lake Area Chamber and local businesses to address the issue of the Rice Creek Bridge, a critical part of freight rail supply chain.
“As a business owner, it’s refreshing and wonderful to know that MetroNorth Chamber of Commerce is on our side assisting in any way they can so that we can achieve our goals. No matter what obstacles are placed in our paths, MetroNorth is always willing to help clear those. I’m ever so thankful!”
- Nancy S. Infinity Automotive