Spring Lake Park Schools
Accounting and Student Data Coordinator
Duty Days: 229 work days
Hours: 8 hour/day; 5 days/week
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Administers the district's accounts payable functions inluding processing of purchase orders, invoices for payment, internal journal entries, and ensuring vendor records are up-to-date.
- Researches discrepancies regarding accuracy of invoices and coding; recommending corrective measures where necessary.
- Administers, reconciles, and records transactions related to district-issued credit cards.
- Responsible for district-wide credit card use for larger purchases including preferred supplies vendors.
- Trains staff on district accounts payable software (Skyward).
- Prepares calendar year end tax documents (Form 1099).
- Assits in preparation of year end fiscal audit.
- Enters and tracks school calendars by site.
- Works with various district staff to collect, input and verify student data.
- Submits student data on enrollment and demographics to appropriate reporting entities.
- Prepares reports on weekly, monthly and as needed basis for various district personnel.
- Performs analytical review of all reporting to ensure accuracy and develop trend data.
- Works closely with staff to ensure data input and reporting requirements for LEP, Title I, Special Education, and other programs is accurate.
- Performs other comparable duties of a like or similar nature as assigned.
- Participates in state and local student data training user groups.
Preferences: We strongly prefer candidates who have exhibited excellence in collaboration with colleagues and an enthusiasm to work across departments. Preferred candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to maintaining accurate, detailed data as well as an ability to analyze that data from numerous angles and provide explanations for changes in data between reporting periods.
- Strong customer service skills and attention to detail
- Ability to understand, apply an duse personal computers and software applications (Excel, Campus, Internet-based applications)
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping principles a plus
- Required: 2 year degree Preferred: 4 year degree
Working Conditions: Sedentary work on computer.
Salary: Per Clerical Salary Schedule
Application Procedure: Individuals who wish to be considered for this position must apply online at http://www.applitrack.com/district16/onlineapp/.
Selection Procedure: Appropriately qualified applicants will be considered for interviews.