HOURS: 40 hours per week during regular business hours
This position is responsible for supporting all business solutions loan documentation and closing functions, while exercising quality control oversight in the execution of all duties. Will have extensive contact with the members, and is to conduct relationships in a manner that will enhance the overall business member experience of Financial One Credit Union.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Review insurance for loan collateral by coordinating with business member and insurance agents.
- Maintain a tickler system in Business Solutions loan administration system.
- Assist in completion of loan documents for more complex loan transactions.
- Maintain current knowledge of all state and federal regulations that are applicable to the transactions performed & adhere strictly to established security procedures.
- Recognize present and potential irregularities and work with borrowers, lenders, closing attorneys and/or appropriate management personnel to ensure a seamless execution of loan transactions.
- Answer inbound calls from business members, including requests for loans and answering questions regarding business products and services, then following up as necessary.
- Order and review of applicable due diligence items (appraisals, environmental reports, title insurance, surveys, etc.).
- Prepare and send out requests to member businesses for new financial and insurance information on a yearly basis.
- Open new business deposit accounts.
- Monitor delinquent tax and lapsed insurance notifications and perform follow-up.
- Compile reports as requested.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience
- Associate or Bachelor degree in business, finance, communication, management (desired) or equivalent experience (required).
- General knowledge of financial industry standards, regulations, and financial institution processes.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Strong data collection and analysis skills.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Aptitude for learning new lending and credit union software.
- Ability to read and understand complex entity documents.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform minor mathematical calculations.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to present a positive and professional image to all employees and members.
Financial One Credit Union is committed to reasonably accommodating physical aspects of any position. The following are some requirements normally encountered in this job:
- Position requires the ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with a diverse field of membership and staff.
- Position requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Position requires the ability to work on computers for a long period of time in an office environment.