The Portfolio Manager is responsible for underwriting commercial credit exposures, consisting of gathering, analyzing and interpreting credit and financial information for existing and prospective customers to assess credit quality and minimize risk and potential loss. In addition, the Portfolio Manager assists the commercial lenders in managing their client relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Works with limited oversight, to appropriately and timely underwrite credit and develop the appropriate credit structure in relationship to the credit risk.
2. Assists the commercial lenders in the monitoring of the portfolio.
3. Assists the commercial lenders in preparing for client and prospect meetings.
4. Assists the commercial lenders in ensuring that all client documentation and customer agreements, credit and non-credit alike, are accurate, properly executed, and funds are withheld until all documents are properly executed.
5. Assists the commercial lenders by being identified as the relationship manager, taking care of requests from the customer that cannot be handled by the Loan Assistant.
6. Conduct loan closings when necessary.
7. May prepare real estate property evaluations consistent with Bank policy and regulations.
8. Maintain a good working knowledge of the Bank’s lending policies and procedures and identify deviations from policy.
9. Conducts business in compliance with Bank policies, procedures, federal and state laws and regulations.
10. Prepare various month end reports in Word and/or Excel.
11. Offer potential loan policy and recommendations as appropriate.
12. May serve on the Appraisal Committee.
13. As needed – maintain and develop procedures, templates, spreadsheets, etc. that improve, enhance and streamline the credit write-up and loan presentation process as well as aid in the processes of loan presentations, financial spreading, cash flow calculations, risk ratings, etc.