Community Education Coordinator
About Spring Lake Park Schools
Welcome to Spring Lake Park Schools! We are a vibrant school community serving about 6,000 students from the suburbs of Blaine, Fridley and Spring Lake Park, in the northern Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area. Our district purpose -- “High expectations, high achievement for all. No excuses” – provides our focus to meet the unique and varied needs of each student.
Spring Lake Park Schools is recognized for our commitment to personalized learning, creating a culture of innovation and creativity through human-centered design thinking. We are working to create a system – a culture with a methodology and set of processes – where teachers and staff have the freedom, flexibility and invitation to design new ways of learning centered around deepening student engagement to continuously improve student success.
A 1.0 FTE Community Education Coordinator position responsible for scheduling, use and billing of district facilities and grounds during after school hours. This position serves as the liaison between Community Education, public, private, and community organizations interested in use of district facilities; for coordinating equipment and security related to building use. This position provides account management support for our child care programming.
The successful candidate will be an individual who …
… firmly believes:
- all students can and will learn, and that their learning can be directly influenced by focusing on factors over which we have control;
- in the need to work interdependently with teachers, school, and district leaders throughout the system, aligning the work of adults around improving student learning by meeting the needs, interests, and aspirations of students;
- in the need to work in partnership with staff to continuously improve practices to enhance student and family engagement, creating the conditions for equity, excellence and student success; and
- in personalizing learning for students, meeting academic, social, and emotional needs and aspirations so that each student feels valued and has a sense of belonging, leading to academic success
Duties of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinator is responsible for district wide facility use during non-school hours which includes marketing, tours and promotional meetings, building relationships and identify opportunities for collaboration with community organizations, scheduling, use and billing
- Promote a positive image of the Spring Lake Park School District and Community Education programs both internally and externally
- Provide account management support to various Community Education programs, including but not limited to registration, billing and collections
- Coordinate a centralized scheduling and billing system for community use of indoor and outdoor facilities according to School Board policy
- Develop, monitor and manage the Facilities Use budget
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise and evaluate building supervisors and Fine Arts Center staff
- Serve as a primary liaison between Community Education, Buildings and Grounds and District Athletics/Activities relative to facility use issues, improvements and budgets
- Ensure seamless usage of facilities by maintaining clear channels of communication with appropriate building personnel and user groups, by periodically visiting school facilities during non-school hours.
Successful candidates will...
- Demonstrate excellent human relations and customer service skills including a professional, friendly, positive, and cooperative work style
- Possess a BA/BS degree and 2-3 years experience in facility management or related experience preferred
- Demonstrate technical experience with computer systems, databases, reporting tools and accounting and software applications
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours
Highly competitive salary for the region.
How to Apply
Position will remain open until filled.
Individuals who wish to be considered for this position must apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/district16/onlineapp/default.aspx
Only qualified and appropriately licensed individuals will be considered for an interview.
For any inquiries or questions regarding the position, please feel free to contact Colleen Pederson, Director of Community Education, firstname.lastname@example.org, 763-600-5050.