Sam's Club Fridley, Produce Associate
The produce associate role is a great way to start a fulfilling career at Sam’s Club.
Please apply at the following website:
What you'll do...
- Be a Team Member: Maintains up-to-date knowledge of the products; collaborating with cross functional teams and helping educate other associates on tools, tasks, and resources; communicating effectively and developing interpersonal skills for providing customer service; and being flexible to the needs of the business to work in other areas, tracking goods, maintaining in-stock levels, and controlling shrinkage in a timely manner.
- Be an Expert: Understands the processes and specifications related to quality of various types of produce merchandise (for example, taste, preparation method or use, seasonality); preparing (trim, crisp, package, scale) products according to established standards; maintaining product safety and following company sanitation guidelines; and adhering to applicable laws, regulations, and company policies related to produce quality.
- Be a Techie: Leverages digital tools to drive sales, improve the shopping experience, and elevate associate engagement; utilizing hand held technology to make immediate business decisions related to production, training, and product quality with the member in mind; adapting to new tools and encouraging others to use them.
- Be an Owner: Drives the performance of the area; utilizing digital tools; using perpetual inventory management techniques to stock and rotate department products; ensuring quality and date control standards; eliminating waste; guiding peers and providing attention to customer needs; assisting customers according to company policies and procedures.
- Be a Talent Ambassador: Being an advocate for the department and the club by valuing the member's experience in meat area and modeling high quality service and products; executing the basics at highest possible level of quality; and exhibiting energy, commitment, and passion for the work.
- Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and applying these in executing business processes and practices.
- Completes work assignments and priorities by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Free Membership and discounts in fresh produce
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Paid education assistance with college degrees through our Live Better U program
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid time off - to include vacation, sick leave and parental leave
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth