Hours: Evening Shift, 3:30p-12a
Days of the week: M-F
Location: Park Terrace Elementary
Reports to: Head Custodian who is responsible for overseeing custodial services in the facility.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms/bathrooms using established practices and procedure.
- Clean, dust, and wipe furniture; sweep, mop, or vacuum floors; empty/clean wastebaskets and trash containers; empty and clean ash trays and cigarette urns; replace light bulbs;refill restroom dispensers.
- Assist with the setup of facilities for meetings, classrooms, conferences, events, etc.
- Strip, clean, buff and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors, vacuum and shampoo carpets.
- Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools; buffers, auto scrubbers,extractors, high pressure washers, high speed buffers and vacuums, brooms, mops, and squeegees for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, furniture,etc.
- Wash walls and equipment; use ladders when required in work assignments.
- Lock and unlock assigned buildings: secure building when facilities are not in use checking for unlocked doors and windows, report any unauthorized occupants, turn off lights.
- Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies. Use as directed.
- Perform cleaning and related activities such as removing snow or debris from sidewalks and stairs in areas within sixteen feet of buildings using hand-operated tools or small power equipment.
- Move furniture, equipment, supplies and tools on an incidental basis.
- Wash accessible interior and exterior windows. Clean blinds. Launder cleaning rags and dust mops.
- Attend to emergencies when necessary.
- Attend safety meetings and other related meetings.
- Handle recycling materials.
- Call in work orders.
- Assist in the instruction and supervision of student help.
- Assist with inventory control and security.
- Safely operate all vehicles and other job related equipment.
Have essential physical and mental capabilities in the following: Interpersonal skills, memory, attention to detail, ability to follow directions, comprehension, calculating, reading, writing, speaking, evaluation, mathematics, organization and innovation.
Questions: Contact Doug Stahl, Facilities Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 763-600-5045.
Application Procedure: Individuals who wish to be considered for this position must apply on line at http://www.applitrack.com/district16/onlineapp/.