CookFull-time non-exempt position preparing and serving nutritious meals to clients in a residential shelter setting. This position requires an individual who enjoys cooking, bringing a positive experience to our clients’ day, and making all feel welcome.
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals and snacks to clients within established Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) guidelines.
- Assist in preparing weekly shopping list and purchase supplies within established budget guidelines.
- Maintain adequate inventory items for kitchen and food storage areas.
- Assist in overall maintenance of kitchen equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized kitchen, pantry and dining room.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in food preparation and service.
- Ability to produce tasty and healthy meals from fresh ingredients for groups of 35 – 40.
- Knowledge of food control and food handling processes.
- Knowledge of computer use in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to problem solve, effectively plan and prioritize, make decisions individually and within a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a variety of different tasks.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Commitment to and experience in working with people from diverse populations and marginalized communities.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Valid driver’s license and current insurance.
- Food manager or food handler certification.
- Knowledge of and experience working with Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP).
- Knowledge of domestic and sexual violence issues and their impact.
Monday – Friday 9:30am – 6pm with ability to work some weekends and holidays.
Starting Salary Range $13.00 – 16.00 DOQ, along with an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, retirement plan with employer match, paid holidays, paid vacation and medical, life insurance, short term and long-term disability insurance.
How to Apply
If you are an individual who enjoys cooking, bringing a positive experience to our clients’ day, and making all feel welcome, we want to talk to you! Please submit a cover letter and resume to Margaret Andersen at email@example.com. Submission deadline is September 13, 2019.
***No phone calls or emails please. This email address is only for receiving resumes. Qualified applicants will be contacted within three business days after resumes are received.