Welcome to Spring Lake Park Schools! We are a vibrant school community serving about 5,800 students from the suburbs of Blaine, Fridley and Spring Lake Park, in the northern Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area. Our district purpose -- “High expectations, high achievement for all. No excuses” – provides our focus to meet the unique and varied needs of each student.
Spring Lake Park Schools is recognized for our commitment to personalized learning, creating a culture of innovation and creativity through human-centered design thinking. We are working to create a system – a culture with a methodology and set of processes – where teachers and staff have the freedom, flexibility and invitation to design new ways of learning
centered around deepening student engagement to continuously improve student success.
The successful candidate will be an individual who is committed to our district's values by......
- Providing exceptional customer service to our students, staff and guests who dine in our cafeterias
- Following food safety and sanitation regulations to ensure the safety for our guests
- Working well with others on a team
- Providing effective leadership
- Having a positive attitude
- Being a dependable team member
- Being an ongoing learner
TITLE: Elementary Kitchen manager/cook
LOCATION: Park Terrace Elementary (job id# 4049)
HOURS: 7.5 hours with 1/2 hour unpaid break
PAY RATE: Up to $22.80 based on qualifications this includes $1.00/hour Food Manager’s License (current)
DUTY DAYS: 181 Days - according to the school year calendar
START DATE: TBD
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise daily production, planning and services.
- Perform daily production tasks as in cook, steam, bake all other techniques as needed
- Weekly - order, receive and store foods
- Provide direction and training to food service staff in assigned building (monthly staff meetings)
- Monitor revenues and maintain required system accountability through daily record keeping and reports
- Implementation of new products and/or procedures to encourage and increase participation
- Develop and maintain cooperative, productive workplace relationships in a manner which creates a pleasant environment for all those serving and those being served
- Ensure proper sanitation and safety standards and regulations are in place and followed (HACCP)
- Resolve conflict in a timely and professional manner
- Ability to continuously move/lift up to 50 lbs, such as milk crates, frozen food boxes, canned foods etc.
- Daily use of computer software program to manage student's meal accounts
- Attend professional learning development
- Perform all duties in a safe manner to avoid injury to oneself and/or to others
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- High school diploma
- 3-5 years management experience - prefer
- Working knowledge of computer software program Campus - prefer
- Food manager license - current
- Level 3 certified with the School Nutrition Association - current (or ability to attain within one year of employment)
- Supervision, time management and organization as related to quantity food service operations
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow through with staff to ensure direction is followed
- Knowledge and understanding of USDA Child Nutrition Program regulations
- Computer skills to include email, order entry, forms and spread sheets - prefer
- The successful candidate must complete and pass a background check and a pre-work physical
Personal computer, calculator, large and small kitchen equipment to include but not limited to; combi oven, rotating oven,
steam kettle, sharp cutting tools, dishwasher, rolling racks and utility cart
WORKING CONDITIONS: MENTAL/PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Continual standing, walking, pushing/pulling, frequent stooping, bending, kneeling, climbing on ladder, heavy lifting and carrying
- Moderate exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures
Individuals who wish to be considered for this position must apply online at http://www.applitrak.com/district16/onlineapp/.
Select job ID #4049
Applicants who meet the qualifications will be considered for interviews.