Licensed Pracitcal Nurse
We offer a competitive salary and a benefit package: health, dental, life, 401(k), long-term disability and paid time off! Mains’l Services, Inc. offers a flexible, casual environment which provides employees work and life balance.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is a member of our Wellness Team and provides nursing supports to people receiving home and community based services from Mains’l. Under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN) theLicensed Practical Nurse (LPN) will provide health education/ training, conduct health related observations, collaborates with team members, and is a part of the persons support team. This position does require travel to the different homes throughout Mains'l service area as well as working virtually from their home office. The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) complies with the MN Nurse Practice Act, regulatory standards and relevant laws.
Core responsibilities of a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN):
· Conduct a focused assessment of the health status of a person through the collection and comparison of data to normal findings and the persons current health status;
· Report changes and responses to interventions in an ongoing manner to a registered nurse (RN) or the appropriate licensed health care professional;
· Advocate for appropriate medical care by assisting in best practices and participating in discussions to discover best medical options;
· Facilitate health related and individualized training to build competence of Mains’l direct support employees and management in the health needs of the person;
· Active participation in the Wellness Team Meetings and work groups;
Qualifications/Skills of a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN):
- Licensed by the board to practice practical nursing - in good standing;
- Personal and professional alignment with the vision, mission, and values of Mains’l;
- Experience in home and community based care, preferred;
· Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, ability to work independently and with multiple teams within our agency as well as outside of our agency;
· Strong skills in customer service, organization, effective time management, prioritization, and ability to problem solve;
· Ability to learn and use electronic systems to efficiently and effectively manage work processes and documentation;
· Ability to multitask and juggle different projects simultaneously.
Mains’l is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants.