Patient Services Representative
The Patient Services Representative is responsible for patient registration and check in as well as clinical support duties. This is a part time position working evening and weekend hours in our Orthopedic Urgent Care. Position will be scheduled Friday 4-8pm and every other Saturday and Sunday 2-8pm.
- Greet and register patients; collect co-payments, pre-payments, insurance information, and photo ID
- Verify and document insurance information as defined by current business practices
- Accurate and timely scheduling of new and existing patients in the current practice management system
- Communicate all pertinent information to patients, including: appointment information, directions, check-in times, referral information and copayments
- Chart preparation and management
- Maintain a working knowledge of health care plan requirements and health plan networks
- Maintain timely communication with patients, families, and staff
- Any and all other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Customer Service experience required
- Administrative or Medical Office experience preferred
- Comply with company policies, procedures, practices and business ethics guidelines.
- Complete job required training.
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations, (e.g. HIPAA, Stark, OSHA, employment laws, etc.)
- Demonstrate prompt and reliable attendance
- Work in the clinic during business hours
- Travel independently throughout the clinic (which may include movement from floor to floor); frequent bending, lifting, standing, stooping or sitting for long periods of time may be required
- Work at an efficient and productive pace, handle interruptions appropriately and meet deadlines
- Communicate and interact in a respectful and professional manner
- Prioritize workload while being flexible to meet the expectations of the daily operations
- Apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Understand and execute a variety of instructions
- Effectively operate equipment and communicate on and operate the phone system
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Travel to other work locations, if required
Performance Expectations – TCO’s Core Values:
- Integrity - Do the right thing and take responsibility for what you do and say
- Service - Consistently contribute to deliver an exceptional experience
- Quality - Act with high purpose, committed effort, and skillful execution to exceed expectations
- Innovation - Identify progressive solutions that improve service, teamwork, efficiency, and/or effectiveness
- Teamwork - Be a part of the whole; support each other positively
- TCO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the ADA Amendments Act of 2008.
- This position description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change. Essential and Additional Job Functions are subject to modification.