The Purchasing Assistant will assist with purchasing needs at the surgery center and ensure they align with the overall purchasing strategy.
- Monitor inventory levels to ensure adequate supplies for daily operation
- Review and complete purchase orders to align with contract compliance, product standardization, conformity to policies
- Obtain and document order confirmations
- Advise end users of issues with orders regarding delivery and pricing
- Receive and stock supplies
- Assist with inventory management needs
- Communicate supply shortage issues
- Maintain positive relations with internal stakeholders and suppliers
- Follow up on open orders, receipt, and delivery issues
- Communicate price changes in a timely manner
- Maintain purchasing records according to requirements
- Pick supplies for cases based on preference card requirements
- Assist with room turnovers
- Assist with purchasing initiatives
- Any and all other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associate degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of purchasing experience preferred
- Experience with purchasing and inventory management software preferred
- Comply with company policies, procedures, practices and business ethics guidelines.
- Complete job required training.
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations, (e.g. HIPAA, Stark, OSHA, employment laws, etc.)
- Demonstrate prompt and reliable attendance
- Work in the clinic, office or surgery center during business hours
- Travel independently throughout the clinic, office or surgery center (which may include movement from floor to floor); frequent bending, lifting, standing, stooping or sitting for long periods of time may be required
- Work at an efficient and productive pace, handle interruptions appropriately and meet deadlines
- Communicate and interact in a respectful and professional manner
- Prioritize workload while being flexible to meet the expectations of the daily operations
- Apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Understand and execute a variety of instructions
- Effectively operate equipment and communicate on and operate the phone system
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Travel to other work locations, if required
Performance Expectations – Revo Health’s Core Values:
- Integrity - Do the right thing and take responsibility for what you do and say
- Service - Consistently contribute to deliver an exceptional experience
- Quality - Act with high purpose, committed effort, and skillful execution to exceed expectations
- Innovation - Identify progressive solutions that improve service, teamwork, efficiency, and/or effectiveness
- Teamwork - Be a part of the whole; support each other positively
- Twin Cities Orthopedics partners with a management services company, Revo Health, along with other healthcare groups to deliver exceptional patient care. This position will be employed through Revo Health, working closely with Twin Cities Orthopedics.
- Revo Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the ADA Amendments Act of 2008.
- This position description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change. Essential and Additional Job Functions are subject to modification