About Spring Lake Park Schools:
Welcome to Spring Lake Park Schools! We are a vibrant school community serving about 5,800 students from the suburbs of Blaine, Fridley and Spring Lake Park, in the northern Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area. Our district purpose -- “High expectations, high achievement for all. No excuses” – provides our focus to meet the unique and varied needs of each student.
Spring Lake Park Schools is recognized for our commitment to personalized learning, creating a culture of innovation and creativity through human-centered design thinking. We are working to create a system – a culture with a methodology and set of processes – where teachers and staff have the freedom, flexibility and invitation to design new ways of learning centered around deepening student engagement to continuously improve student success.
Substitute Healthcare Specialist (LPN or RN) to work at any of the buildings within the district.
The successful candidate will be an individual who …
… firmly believes:
- all students can and will learn, and that their learning can be directly influenced by focusing on factors over which we have control;
- in the need to work interdependently with teachers, school, and district leaders throughout the system, aligning the work of adults around improving student learning by meeting the needs, interests, and aspirations of students;
- in personalizing learning for students, meeting academic, social, and emotional needs and aspirations so that each student feels valued and has a sense of belonging, leading to academic success.
Duties of this job include, but are not limited to:
Work as the first line of health care in a school building caring for students, on an as-needed basis.
We strongly prefer candidates who have exhibited excellence in collaboration with colleagues and an enthusiasm to work with students.
The successful candidate must have:
- an RN or LPN license;
- experienced with CPR and dispensing medication;
- strong organization skills; and
- basic understanding of computer programs.
A very busy position that requires high organization and ability to get along with a variety of people. The individual hired for this position may be called to substitute as often as every few weeks, but there is a variety of assignment needs. Flexibility of availability is a must.
Per Healthcare Specialist salary schedule.
How to Apply:
The position will remain open until filled. Individuals who wish to be considered for this position must apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/district16/onlineapp/default.aspx. Only qualified and appropriately licensed individuals will be considered for an interview.
For questions, please contract Emma Olson, interim Lead School Nurse, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 763-600-5104 Sarah Byrdziak, Student Services Administrative Assistant, at email@example.com or 763-600-5081.