January 11, 2021
Fulltime, non-exempt Alexandra House is seeking a full-time non-exempt Family Advocate to provide trauma informed advocacy and support services to individuals and families impacted by domestic and sexual violence.
- Provide trauma informed advocacy, case management and support services to families within a residential setting
- Identify and assist families in accessing resources that support the family
- Plan and implement child/youth activities to include coordinating educational opportunities and support group facilitation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum one year demonstrated experience working with children/youth/families that have experienced violence and trauma in their lives; demonstrated experience in support group facilitation
- Understanding of the impact of violence and trauma on children/youth and families with a clear understanding of providing trauma informed care
- Commitment to and experience in working with people from diverse populations and marginalized communities
- Knowledge of and ability to advocate within various systems including social service, economic, legal, medical and healthcare systems
- Ability to problem solve, effectively plan and prioritize, make decisions individually and within a team
- Ability to handle client information with complete confidentiality
- Excellent written communication and public speaking skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- 40-hour state-mandated sexual assault advocacy training
- Bilingual in English and one of the prevalent languages in our service delivery area (i.e. Spanish, Somali, Arabic, Oromo)
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of providing direct advocacy to victims of domestic and/or sexual violence in a residential setting
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday 9 am - 5:30 pm, Thursday 1 pm - 8:30 pm
Starting Salary Range
$32,000 – $38,600 DOQ, with full benefit package including retirement plan, vacation & medical accrual.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Attn: Shelter Supervisor at email@example.com. Position open until January 22, 2021.
***No phone calls or emails please. This email address is only for receiving resumes. Qualified applicants will be contacted