Alexandra House is seeking a full-time Legal Advocate to provide trauma informed advocacy and support services for individuals impacted by domestic and sexual violence. This position is located at our office in the city of Anoka.
- Provide individual advocacy within the civil and criminal court systems.
- Participate in the ongoing evaluation of the Legal Advocacy Services Program and assist in developing and implementing new program services.
- Build and enhance community relationships and partnerships while educating community members and professionals about domestic and sexual violence and Alexandra House services.
- Track and compile statistical data in compliance with grant reporting requirements.
- Experience in providing advocacy and an understanding of the needs, options and resources available for clients and their families impacted by domestic and sexual violence, or bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience and knowledge of legal advocacy/court system and able to navigate complex situations.
- Experience providing trauma-informed advocacy to victims/survivors of abuse, with an understanding of the needs, options, and resources available for youth/women/men and families impacted by domestic and sexual violence.
- Knowledge of and ability to advocate within various systems including social service, economic, legal, medical and healthcare systems.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills and experience in public speaking
- Demonstrated skills & knowledge in using a variety of programs including but not limited to Word, Excel, and Outlook and other programs such as Prezi, Instagram, and Microsoft Teams.
- Valid driver’s license, current insurance, and reliable car with the ability to travel to multiple locations throughout Anoka County.
Preferred Candidate Qualifications
- Ability to converse with individuals who speak prevalent language in the service area (e.g., Spanish, Somali, Arabic, Oromo or English – bilingual)
- 40-hour state-mandated sexual assault advocacy training
Salary Starting Range
$37,605 – $45,126 DOQ, with a full benefit package including retirement plan, vacation & medical accrual
Generally, 8:00am – 4:30pm M – F, with ability to work occasional evening or weekend hours to accommodate program needs. Alexandra House has a hybrid environment – both in-person and from home.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume Attn: Community Program Manager at email@example.com Position open until filled.
***No phone calls or emails please. This email address is only for receiving resumes. Qualified applicants will be contacted within one business day after resumes are received.