Part Time 20 Overnight Shelter & Supportive Services Advocate
Alexandra House is seeking a Full time Overnight Shelter and Supportive Services advocate to provide trauma informed advocacy and support services for individuals impacted by domestic and sexual violence. This position is located at our shelter location in the city of Blaine.
- Provide trauma informed crisis intervention, referral, and support services to victims of domestic and sexual violence over the phone and in person within a residential setting.
- Build and enhance community relationships while educating community members and professionals about domestic and sexual violence and Alexandra House services.
- Track and compile statistical data in compliance with grant reporting requirements.
- Represent Alexandra House on local and state housing committees/collaboratives while educating community members and professionals about domestic and sexual violence and Alexandra House services.
- Experience in social work, human services or similar type industry will be equivalent to a Bachelor Arts degree in same type categories. Experience equivalent to working with homeless population, advocacy for others, working with diverse population and marginalized communities.
- Experience and knowledge of case management and able to navigate complex situations.
- Experience providing trauma-informed advocacy to victims/survivors of abuse, including support group facilitation with an understanding of the needs, options, and resources available for youth/women and families impacted by domestic and sexual violence.
- Knowledge of and ability to advocate within various systems including social service, economic, legal, medical and healthcare systems.
- Able to communicate in written and verbal communication and experience in being an advocate for others.
- Demonstrated skills & knowledge in using a variety of programs including (but not limited to) Word, Excel, and Outlook. Also experience in database management.
- Valid driver’s license, current insurance, and reliable car with the ability to travel to multiple locations throughout Anoka County.
Preferred Candidate Qualifications
- Ability to converse with individuals who speak prevalent language in the service area (e.g., Spanish, Somali, Arabic, Oromo or English – bilingual)
- 40-hour state-mandated sexual assault advocacy training
Starting Salary Range
$18.08/hour - $21.70/hour (DOQ) with a full benefit package including retirement plan, vacation & medical accrual.
An additional $2 an hour shift differential will be added on for Friday and Saturday overnight shifts.
Friday 9:30pm – 7:30am
Saturday 9:30pm – 7:30am
With occasional schedule adjustments to accommodate program and participant needs.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume Attn: Shelter & Supportive Services Manager at email@example.com Position open until filled. Optional: In lieu of a cover letter, you may submit a 2 – 4 minute self-recorded video telling us a bit about yourself and why you are interested specifically in this job.
***No phone calls or emails please. This email address is only for receiving resumes. Qualified applicants will be contacted within one business day after resumes are received.