Youth Services Advocate
- Provide intervention and prevention services within the Youth Service Program to include individual advocacy, crisis intervention, support group facilitation, and development of educational presentations.
- Participate in the ongoing evaluation of the Youth Services Program and assist in developing and implementing new program services and assisting with outreach and communication through social media.
- Build and enhance community relationships while educating community members and professionals about domestic and sexual violence and Alexandra House services.
- Experience in providing advocacy and an understanding of the needs, options and resources available for clients and their families impacted by domestic and sexual violence or Bachelor Arts degree (social work, psychology, youth counseling, communications, public relations, youth studies, child development) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience providing trauma-informed advocacy to victims/survivors of abuse, including support group facilitation, with an understanding of the needs, options, and resources available for youth/women/men and families impacted by domestic and sexual violence.
- Knowledge of and ability to advocate within various systems including social service, economic, legal, medical and healthcare systems.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills and experience in public speaking
- Demonstrated skills & knowledge in using a variety of programs including but not limited to Word, Excel, and Outlook and other programs such as Prezi, Instagram, and Microsoft Teams.
- Valid driver’s license, current insurance, and reliable car with the ability to travel to multiple locations throughout Anoka County.
Preferred Candidate Qualifications
- Ability to converse with individuals who speak prevalent language in the service area (e.g., Spanish, Somali, Arabic, Oromo or English – bilingual)
- 40-hour state-mandated sexual assault advocacy training
Starting Salary Range
$34,330 – $37,558 DOQ, with a full benefit package including retirement plan, vacation & medical accrual.
Generally, 8:00am – 4:30pm M – F, with ability to work occasional evening or weekend hours to accommodate program needs. Alexandra House has a hybrid environment – both in-person and from home.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume Attn: Community Program Manager at email@example.com Position open until August 19, 2022. Optional: In lieu of a cover letter, you may submit a 2–4 minute self-recorded video telling us a bit about yourself and why you are interested specifically in this job.
*** No phone calls or emails please. This email address is only for receiving resumes. Qualified applicants will be contacted within one business day after resumes are received.