Communications and Event Coordinator
The Communications and Events Coordinator is responsible for the success of select communications and events of the MetroNorth Chamber of Commerce. You will help develop and drive communications to promote MetroNorth to current and prospective members as well as to the community. This includes establishing the marketing and branding of the MetroNorth Chamber of Commerce as the leading business organization in the region. You will also assist with supporting ongoing chamber programs and events, including deliverables within the chamber’s strategic plan to provide powerful relationship-building opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute the MetroNorth Chamber communications strategy in conjunction with the Chamber President. Ensure deliverables are met.
- Drive engagement and connection opportunities through the MetroNorth platforms. Identify and execute opportunities to spotlight members, issues, events, and initiatives. Manage sponsor deliverables.
- Curate Chamber, program, and member information to be promoted across Chamber platforms. Lead efforts to utilize video communications as applicable.
- Assist in the creation and distribution of press releases, promotional materials, and other communications and marketing efforts.
- Curate social media content and assist with strategy.
- Take photos and videos at chamber functions for use in chamber materials and social media.
- Coordinate planning and logistics for select programs and events. Provide administrative support as requested. Compile requested metrics and documentation handbooks.
- Provide support for Ambassadors and Social Club, as well as other event-focused volunteer committees as requested.
- Attend and assist with select ribbon cutting celebrations and other events upon request.
- Assist with the execution of the chamber’s three-year strategic plan, specifically to provide powerful relationship-building opportunities through our programming and events.
- Produce invitations, thank you letters and other correspondence to members and not-yet members.
- Assist with website updates to ensure communications, events and chamber information are accurate.
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities and solutions.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Self-motived, confident, results-oriented individual with the ability to manage several tasks simultaneously. Well-organized, self-motivated, positive individual who can work with minimum supervision, takes initiative and enjoys being part of a team Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, high attention to detail, exceptional customer service skills and professional, mature attitude with ability to remain calm under pressure.
This is an hourly, non-exempt position with flexibility to be either part or full time. Compensation is commensurate with experience/qualifications. Benefits include a generous PTO policy, a flexible working schedule, hybrid work options, and professional development opportunities.
Email cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to email@example.com.
The MetroNorth Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, national origin, sex, age, religion, or disability status of otherwise qualified individuals. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.